- Are your products Non-Toxic?
- Are your products Acid Free?
Big Shapez and Little Shapez
- What can Confetti be used for?
- Do you make Custom Shaped Confetti?
- How many tables can I decorate with a pound of Confetti?
- How many invitations, envelopes per pound
- How many pieces of confetti per pound
- How big is a pound bag of confetti
- Can Confetti be applied to fabric ? If so, are they machine washable?
- What is your Confetti made of?
- What can your Big and Little Shapez be used for?
- Do you make Custom Shape Big and Little Shapez?
- What are the actual sizes
- Can you write on them
- What is your Big and Little Big Shapez made of?
Glitter and Powderz
- What are Balloon Danglez?
- What sizes and shapes do you offer?
- What are they made of?
- Are they Colorfast? Do they Bleed?
- What type of Featherz do you offer?
- What are the Dimensions?
- How much postage does it take to Mail a Tube?
- What are your Shiney Sheetz made of?
- Can you write on them?
- Do you offer wider or longer sizes?
- What is the magic of Tintzl?
- Jimmy is the Confetti King. He was named after one of our first confetti (Jimmies) back in 1987. Those chocolatety sweet sprinkles on Ice Cream was the perfect name for our little jem!!! Jimmy will always be a kid; playful, fun and mischievous (watch before you open your next greeting card - Yikes!!). Jimmy has a sister whose name is Jenny, and they both have helped create the largest line of Confetti in the World. Their motto as you might have guessed is "Go on a Sprinkle Spree!!". Oh do they love to do that!!!!
- Did Jimmy invent Confetti?
- Well, No, but then Yes!. You see, Confetti has been around for a very long time. Some say back to the French in the 1890's. And of course we have all seen the ticker tape parades at Time Square. That surely must count as Confetti. But in 1987, Jimmy thought to make Confetti out of Metallic Shapes. First starting with Hearts, Stars, Polkadots, and of course Jimmies! Since then we have added over 250 Shapes and over 2000 Shapes, Color and Mix Combinations. The World Needs Confetti!!
- Where was Jimmy Born? (Confetti "Re-Invented"?)
- You guessed it - had to be ..... The home of Glitz, the home of the Stars, that shine bright, and twinkle alight ..... Hollywood!! Well to be exact, in Culver City on a lot that was once the backlot of the old MGM studios, Desilu studios and now Sony Picture Studios. This was the location where such movies as "Gone with the Wind" were filmed as well as, old TV series as "Hogans Heros"were shot. Jimmy is very proud of is origins, as you might have guessed.
- Yes. Material Safety and Data (MSDS) sheets are available upon customerís request.
- Most of them are, please contact us with the product that you are concerned with.
1. What can Confetti be used for?
- Sprinkle In Gift boxes, Invitations, Greeting Cards, Decorate Party Tables. Use In Pinatas, Throw at Weddings and Graduations. Add to Halloween Treats or around your Christmas Decorations. Put in Balloons, on Picture Frames, in your art project or on a banner.
2. Do you make Custom Shaped Confetti?
- Yes. We manufacture confetti, and are able make a custom die for you. Die Charge runs $1500 to $4000, depending on the complexity of the design. Lead times are 6-8 weeks, and the minimum purchase is only 25 lbs. Please contact our SALES DEPARTMENT for more specific information
5. How many pieces of confetti per pound?
- The great unknown. As every confetti has it own shape and thus area and weight, we simply do not count. For example a 1/4' Square would weigh more than a 1/4" polkadot (circle), and of course a 1/2' Star, would weigh more than both. Then we have the mixed shape confetti that would never have the same exact proportion of shapes per each lb. Lastly, the weight of the material we use sometimes fluctuates. NIGHTMARE!!! So, we decided from the beginning to sell by weight and not by volume or piece. But, for this website, Jimmy instructed the crew in the back to come up with some numbers and here it goes. Remember - this is an estimate ONLY. In a pound there are approximately 50,000 - 1/4" Polkadots, and 10,000 - 3/4" Stars.
6. How big is a pound bag of confetti?
- A pound of confetti can be dramatically different between styles. The difference is obviously due to the size of the shape, but a significant factor is the complexity of the shape, and how they intertwine. A Polkadots (circle) has no edge to stick so they stack, while Happy Birthday words will intertwine until the cows come home. Jimmy again, asked the crew to come up with some figures. In a Half Gallon Milk Carton, there is approximatedly 2 lbs of 1/4" Polkadots, and 1 lb of Happy Birthday Words.
7. Can Confetti be applied to fabric ? If so, are they machine washable?
- Yes they can be applied with fabric glue. But Hand wash in cold water ONLY. As well test first. Do not machine wash or dry clean. Also, stay away from red as it is a notoriously color that bleeds. If you are a very large bulk buyer we can custom order metallic PET Film that can be hot washed or dry cleaned. Minimum order is approximately 500 lbs of a color.
8. What is your Confetti made of?
- First, we do not make or color the material. We buy the material and then place it on our cutting machines. We use a wide variety of materials. Most notably PVC and PET. Both are plastics. Some colors such as White, Black and Pastels are Extruded, basically meaning that the color is mixed into the plastic before it is made into plastic sheets, then rolls. So if you cut into the sheet it will be completely white, or black though out. Iridescents are made by applying a thin iridescent film to a clear plastic sheet. Hypothetically this film could peel off, but this rarely happens. All the other colors are made by "Metalizing" (or one could say - "by Painting"), the surface of ONE side with a metallic color. So, you could scratch one side with no change, while scratching the opposite side would scrape away the color.
- Big Shapez and Little Shapez
1. What can your Big and Little Shapez be used for?
- These are the 2" and 5" version of Confetti. They are commonly used in scrapbooks projects, school craft projects as well as name tags, table place tags, christmas tree ornaments, balloon dangles, and banners.
2. Do you make Custom Shape Big and Little Shapez?
- Yes. We manufacture Big and Little Shapez, and are able make a custom die for you. Die Charge runs $100 to $250, depending on the complexity of the design. Lead times are 3 weeks and the minimum quantities are only 500 pcs. Please contact our SALES DEPARTMENT for ore specific information.
3. What are the actual sizes?
- Well, it depends, because shapes only look great if they are proportional. So, we design the shape and fit it in either a 5" Square (Big Shape) or 2" Square (Little Shape). For Example a Big Shape Graduation Cap actual size is 5.3" x 2.8" because this size fits diagonally within a 5" Square, while a Snowflake is 4.9" x 4.9".
4. Can you write on them?
- Yes. You can use a permanent Marker (Sharpie®) or Paint Pen. As well try our Glue Pens to add glitter or Powder Highlights. and our Party Popz to use the Shapez as Centerpieces or Name Cards at your party or events.
1. What are Balloon Danglez?
- These are Themed Versions of our Big and Little Shapez. We placed a hole for easy attachment to the ribbon tied to your balloons.
- Our Stock Glitter is the industry standard .40" x .40" Hex shape, and our Powderz (aka Ultra Fine) is .008" x .008". If you need other sizes, please contact us.
2. What are they made of?
- Our Stock Metallic Glitter are made of PVC, Iridescents and Prismatics are made of PET.
- Iridescents and Prismatics will not. Metallics may, really depending on the lot we receive from our supplier. Please test before using. Red will always bleed!. But if you do need a colorfast Color, we can make for you with a 10 lb minimum. Call for pricing.
1. What are the Dimensions?
- They are 1.50" in Diameter x 9.63" long. Inside they are 1.44" x 8.88", which is large enough to fit a standard 8.5" x 11" sheet of Paper.
2. Can you write on them?
- Yes. You can use a permanent Marker (Sharpie®) or Paint Pen. As well try our Glue Pens to add glitter or Powder Highlights. Shiney Sheetz are great for creating your own shape or design in a metallic, iridescent or prismatic look!
- Maybe. We buy the material 4' wide x 1000' rolls, but then slit it down to size for our Shapez and Confetti to 5" wide. So we alway have 5" wide by any length. If you need wider, it will depend on when you call, and how much you want. Call us to check if we have uncut stock.
1. What is the magic of Tintzl?BACK TO TOP OF PAGE
- Simply put, Tintzl is a Metallic, Iridescent or Prismatic DIE-CUT Shredz. This die-cut gives it an incrediable fluffy look and body as the strands intertwine together. A little really goes a long way, as normal shred material is limp and flat. Tintzl is for that very special gift or item you truly want to present in the most elegant and special way!